Virtual Happy Hour with Manisha Thakor
Manisha Thakor shares a powerful five point framework you can use to both get started – or to continue – investing. Learn why understanding and taking control of your finances is essential for living your life on your own terms and for the health of your career.
- Manisha Thakor tells her career story and explains her passion for women’s financial literacy (6:34)
- Manisha gives financial advice for young women fresh into their career (9:36)
- Manisha gives financial formula for women nearing the peak of their career earnings (13:59)
- Manisha gives financial advice for women entering retirement or in retirement (16:46)
- Manisha offers best way to increase financial literacy among the younger generation (21:03)
- Manisha explains key differences between men and women when it comes to money (28:05)
- Manisha gives advice on how women can be financial literate and also raise themselves up with resources available (32:46)
- Manisha explains how we can get women to recognize the importance of money and to know how to get it (37:29)
- Manisha explains the concept of holistic financial planning (41:20)
- Manisha explains the concept of true wealth worksheet (47:07)
- Manisha explains how to get happiness quotient when dealing with finance (49:07)
- Manisha explains the reality of always wanting more more with the expectation to be happier (53:43)
- Manisha gives her go to song for motivation in achieving gender parity by 2025 (56:54)
- Manisha gives details on how she can be reached and to learn more about her work (57:30)
More About Manisha Thakor
Manisha Thakor, CFA, is Director of Wealth Strategies for Women at the financial advisory firm Buckingham & The BAM Alliance, a community of more than 140 independent registered investment advisors around the country with $25 billion in assets under advisement. Manisha and her colleagues offer asset management services to women and families with $80,000 or more in investible assets as well as providing traditional wealth management services to high net worth individuals.
A passionate financial literacy advocate for women of all income and asset levels, Manisha is the co-author of two critically acclaimed personal finance books: On My Own Two Feet: A Modern Girl’s Guide to Personal Finance and Get Financially Naked: How to Talk Money with Your Honey. Manisha’s work has been featured in a wide range of national media outlets including: The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, NPR, CNBC, CNN, PBS, Forbes, Fortune, Money, Real Simple, Glamour, andMore magazine. Manisha earned her MBA from the Harvard Business School and her BA from Wellesley College. She lives in Santa Fe, NM with her husband Randy. Connect with her at MoneyZen.com.
Get Manisha’s Books