50 Women Can Change The World
in Media and Entertainment
Take The Lead is working to close the gender leadership gap in Film and Television by 2025
We believe that by elevating women’s voices in Media and Entertainment, the scope of change will go beyond the women in the room. It will shape the culture we wish to see. A more nuanced approach to women’s stories from diverse backgrounds will open the door to deeper understanding and a quickened pace to equality for all.
Take The Lead provides real world tools, specific to industries, that transform the way women relate to power. Through collective skill building, we create a network of leaders equipped to build a more just and equal world.
What will it take to move the needle and get to gender parity in Media and Entertainment?
- Timing: Evidence shows there is an increased demand for women’s stories. Across the country, women are waking up to new ways to the system does not support them. We are looking to help shape an industry that honors, respects and tells the stories of the female experience from the female perspective.
- Skills: We are looking to assemble a team of 50 female professionals, with proven skills, interested in creating the change we’d like to see.
- Experience: This is not about breaking in or learning new ways to cope with systemic flaws. It is our mission to build something new based on the experience of a diverse group of women. This is about sharing experience to forge a better way.
- Blueprint: With timing, skills and experience we hope to formulate a new blueprint for success over the course of 4 months. The program is free of charge to those selected but we require a serious commitment to the process and each other.
- Tools: The women in the room know their jobs. We offer new tools to bring to their work and lives. Participants will examine and redefine their relationship with power, learn Take The Lead’s 9 Leadership Power Tools and collectively grow a vibrant network of influential women in the industry.
- Action: The success of the program in based on continued action. We believe that the increased number of women leading in the media and entertainment industry will quicken the pace to gender parity in leadership across all sectors, fulfilling Take The Lead’s mission of supporting women to take their fair and equal leadership by 2025.
Ready to join the movement?
We are building a community of ambitious women committed to gender parity in Hollywood for this four-month intimate leadership program. You’ll build relationships, forge partnerships and share important experiences, while learning new ways to access your personal power and utilize practical tools to advance your career and create systemic change. The program will provide access to inspiring women leaders from diverse backgrounds, and a vibrant sisterhood of influential women to support you in your career.
Due to space limitations, this program has an application and nomination process. We ask for a deep commitment to the schedule in order to build an effective team. If you are interested but have concerns about the application process or timing, please do not let it stop you. You can have your application held for future sessions.
The nomination process will open on WEDNESDAY, November 1ST.
We are honored to have Dr. Nancy O’Reilly and Women Connect4Good as founding partner and presenting sponsor. Founded by Dr. Nancy O’Reilly, Women Connect4Good supports and connects women to empower and lift up all women to break through barriers that prevent them from achieving sustainable, fulfilling lives and claim their power to change the world.
Collaboration and partnership is essential for the success of this initiative
We are excited to connect with individuals, organizations and associations who are passionate about gender parity in the industry and women’s leadership. For sponsorship inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Take The Lead
Take The Lead is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with a diverse team of trailblazers, entrepreneurs, activists, advisors, and Leadership Ambassadors, committed to gender parity in leadership by 2025. Since 2014 we have partnered with the best and brightest to reach this ambitious goal. When it comes to accelerating women’s leadership, we believe power is an infinite resource and welcome exploring new connections. We partner with a wide variety of non-profit, academic, for-profit organizations and generous funders. Learn more about Take The Lead.