The Real Reason It Won't Work
As we did with Lorraine Fox’s column on financial literacy, Take The Lead is pleased to share useful tips on another important topic this week. Joanne Tombrakos shares The Real Reason It Won’t Work when attempting to try something new in your life. Read it and let us know if you have experienced this in your own life.
If you have ever tried something new and different, gone off on an unconventional path, endeavored to make a difference in something, big or small, you’ll notice one recurring theme.Most people won’t tell you why it will work. They’ll tell you why it won’t.They’ll say something like:
- It’s too soon
- It’s too late
- It’s too big
- It’s too small
- It’s not sustainable
- It will take too much time
- No one will care in a year
- It costs too much
- It doesn’t cost it enough
- It’s too obvious
- Someone else is already doing it and they’ll do it better
- Why bother? No one will care.
They’ll roll their eyes. They’ll add a huff or two. They’ll change the subject to something more interesting to them. Like how they’ve given up on ever losing those ten pounds or how much they hate their boss because really, there is just nothing they can do about it.
- try something new and different
- are ready to take an unconventional path
- are endeavoring to make a difference in something, big or small
You see the thing they forgot to tell you is the real reason it won’t work.