50 Women Can Change The World Program
in the Nonprofit and Social Profit Sectors in Arizona, including Community, Government, and Social Impact Leaders
About The Program
The 50 Women Change The World Leadership Program is developed and managed by Take The Lead Arizona and launched the first cohort in 2016.
Applications are being accepted for this year’s cohort that begins on Thursday, October 4th, 2018. The application deadline is September 14th.
Take The Lead is a 501c3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to prepare, develop, inspire and propel women to take their fair and equal share of leadership positions across all sectors by 2025. The 50 Women Change The World Leadership Program is based on Take The Lead’s core curriculum, the “9 Leadership Power Tools to Advance Your Career” training program that teaches women how to lead themselves/their careers and organization/systems changes in a holistic way. This program is designed to specifically meet the unique opportunities – and challenges – women experience in the nonprofit and social sectors. It propels leadership growth for women leaders, managers, and executives during important career milestones and transitions.
Download the program flyer here.
What can this program do for you? Nothing short of a breakthrough.
If you are a woman looking to power up your nonprofit career, this program will:
- Give you a new definition of power that will energize you, increasing your joy and the value you bring to your nonprofit organization
- Equip you with 9 Leadership Power Tools and a system for applying them to your goals
- Teach you how to embrace your power with intention, confidence, and authenticity
- Provide effective strategies for networking with purpose and negotiating with confidence
- Help you understand the game – what’s keeping women from parity in leadership roles and how you can overcome those barriers to accelerate your own career
- Develop a powerful Strategic Leadership Action Plan that will take you where YOU want to go
- Develop a structure to plan a Collaborative Action Plan with ideal partners in your community
Watch this video in order to learn more about the program:
Learn from best-selling author Gloria Feldt, President and Co-Founder of Take the Lead and national expert on leadership and certified Take the Lead Leadership Trainers.
“Women in the nonprofit sector are inherently changing the world in a meaningful way by the very nature of the work that they do. But they are often at a disadvantage because they lack the tools and resources to help them move into leadership. This program gives them both.”
-Felicia Davis, 50 Women Can Change the World Lead Trainer
Who is the Ideal Candidate?
- You are a mid-to-senior level professional with demonstrated high potential for a leadership role or you have recently taken on increased leadership responsibilities or scope
- You are committed to a career in the nonprofit sector
- You have a minimum of 3 years progressively responsible experience, you have demonstrated accomplishments within your organization, and/or you are creating a new organization or initiative
- You demonstrate a track record of continuous improvement; self-awareness, openness to feedback, and a shared commitment to helping others succeed while making a positive impact on society
What you will gain:
- A leadership vision to articulate your leadership goals and plans within your organization, field, and/or community
- A customized and actionable Strategic Individual Action Plan to make progress on your development needs
- Support and coaching to build an Collaborative Action Plan in partnership with your network and community
- 4 intensive, in-person training days and regular online learning opportunities with Take The Lead to propel you forward
- Access to key leaders in the nonprofit field and those who support the nonprofit sector
- A group of executive coaches who works the group to support you in crafting your vision and plans, making progress on your development, and incorporating new concepts
- Exposure to fellow leaders in your field, adding to your long-term professional network with a diverse community of peers and accomplished leaders
- Access to advanced, research-based leadership training on topics that resonate with women leaders today and solve real problems women encounter, catapulting their careers
Kickoff – October 4th & 5th
Virtual Day – October 17th 11:30am – 1:30pm
Virtual Day – October 24th 11:30am – 1:30pm
Virtual Day – November 7th 11:30am – 1:30pm
Virtual Day – November 14th 11:30am – 1:30pm
Completion/Graduation – November 15th & 16th
- Applicants must currently be in the nonprofit sector and have an interest in advancing into positions with greater leadership responsibility during their career. Applicants must be on a management track, currently in, or expecting to assume director-level roles within 5 -10 years;
- Applicants must complete all required pre-program work, attend the entire program, and be willing to commit to the 5-month initiative and continue the work on their own after the program commences.
- Applicants must have the full support of their organization to participate, commit to implementing lessons learned at their organizations, and share their learning back with us so that we can track our collective progress;
- Applicants contribute a $450 participation fee, which can be paid by either the participant or the participant’s employer or a combination of both.
How to Apply
Please be prepared to upload the following document as part of your application below:
- A copy of your resumé/CV
Application: Please submit your 50 Women Can Change the World Application here.
Questions? Contact Felicia Davis at hello
50 Women Can Change the World Leadership Program is presented with generous support from the following sponsors: